Cygnus Rock Band - Huginn and Muninn (video review)

I love this video.
You simply can't not love this video.
Period.

I have some memories connected to this video. I remember, it was still pretty much in my early days (or months) around Cygnus. I was just back - so to speak, after a month full of benzodiazepines and half-zombie state, thanks to a handful of sedatives and antidepressants a day - to my humane form, soon after these two wonderful, talented, lovable Colombians literally poured life and fresh blood into my veins with their love, joy for life, music and art. I still had many, too many things to understand, realize and comprehend about this band, the members, their music and all that they had even at that point 3 years ago to offer to their listeners, followers and fans. But I was already sure in one thing.
I wanted this band in my life.
And I didn't want to let them go, ever.
I also remember how this video was released, but I'll talk about that later.

The song, as I wrote it back then in my review, simple and humble, and the video is exactly like that as well. Simple, humble, but beautiful in its simplicity and humbleness. Our two favorite rockers can be seen in a grove, surrounded with trees, sitting at an especially beautiful, seemingly old one with giant branches, playing their acoustic guitars.

Those guitars also deserve some praising words. They are both black

yes, for a reason, no, I will not tell 😒 but you can get an explanation about it later, if you have the eyes and ears

and they have ancient Norse runes on them.

Yes, I know what's written on them. No, I won't tell 😠 you nicely watch the video, watch it again, and meanwhile you inevitably fall in love with it and get addicted, you nicely take a closer look and diligently figure out the letters and their meanings. Your brain cells will be grateful to you.

And in fact that's it. You see them and only them as they are sitting at that old tree, playing their guitars and singing. And let's be honest: nothing else is needed.

Though, the truth is, if you take a really good look

I know you didn't, so now you nicely go back and watch it again 😑

you can see someone else appearing as well.
It's none else than John "Cole" Vidrine, who can be seen at the beginning of the video, then again, appearing for some seconds in a few scenes as Odin.
This is not the first video he appears in, you can see him in the official videos for Valhalla and Raise Your Horns as well

In fact he appears in Walking Through The Forest of Life too, but I won't tell you how

and the truth is that this was the last video he took part in. He passed away soon before the release of this video. Cygnus originally wanted to release it much later 

If I'm not wrong, the band wanted to release it originally around December. There had even been jokes that we might put the new video under the Christmas Yule tree - but then came Life... And if I remember well, there had been some wrestling with their then record label

I won't write down their name here, I don't want to contaminate this blog with it

to release it earlier for the memory of Cole.

Finally justice and love won over humane stupidity.

So, this video is special not only for the simplicity, the humbleness, the beauty and the minimalism of it, not only for the strong but quiet presence of these two wonderful rockers, but this is also dedicated to the loving memory of Cole Vidrine.

One of my greatest regrets is that I didn't have the chance to get to know Cole. I arrived too late. All that I have about him is these videos he took part in and the memories these big-hearted, generous rockers shared with me. I can only imagine what a grandiose person he could be with a brighter-than-the-sun energy around him. Upon what our beloved Colombians told, he could be a very special person, around whom you simply can't be sad, tired or depressed. He probably did everything to make you smile and forget the weight of life on your shoulders - and I think, often his mere appearance was enough for that. People like him, who have such a great heart, generous and straightforward to the core, always surrounded by people yet they can make you feel that they are really, honestly happy for you that you're there - and this way making even the most shy person loved and cared for - and they all do it with honesty, straightforwardness, without even the shadow of falsehood.
If you have - or had - any person like this in your life, then you're very lucky 💓

Watch the video. Admire its simplicity and beauty. Take delight of these two wonderful, talented, creative musicians as they play music and sing. And most of all, read this.


In this amazing, lovable and deep interview our beloved rockers, Deneb and Ruxx personally talk about this song and this video. Read it well, read it again, digest every little word they say. Read what they have to tell about the song itself

answering some of the questions I was musing about in my review, and for this I owe them my heartfelt gratitude and the biggest hug I can ever give

as well as about the video - they even share some behind-the-scene antics about the video shooting!

But most of all, watch it, love it, share it, and enjoy it!



Comments

Popular Posts